- decides on the acquisition and/or purchase of archival material
- decides on the issuance or not of research licenses, transliterations, photographing etc. of the archival material it holds.
- decides on the publications produced by the G.S.A.
- examines the scientific orientation of the G.S.A. and sets the main axes of its policy
- determines general scientific directions and strategic policies. It offers guidelines for the selection, classification and management of archival collections of historical interest.
- provides guidelines regarding the selection, classification and indexing of the archives of the public administration that are of historical value
- advises on the establishment of new archival services
- advises on the scientific work of the G.S.A.’ s staff
- advises on the G.S.A.’ s staff secondments
- advises on any question / issue posed by the Minister of Education, Research and Religious Affairs
- in case of matters concerning documents of national interest and of external affairs, a delegate from the Ministry of External Affairs is obliged to participate
- advises on the renewal of the Term of office of the Director of the G.S.A.
Contact details: Central Service
Secretary: Mrs Penelope Banou
Tel: 210 6782 217, 210 6782 313
Fax: 210 6782 215
Submit your Enquiry
Former Presidents of the Supervisory Council of the General State Archives (G.S.A.) of Greece